Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy Weekend Part 1: Sully's Bridal Shower

This past weekend was super busy despite being my first wedding free weekend in a month. My best friend, Sully (aka Katie), had her bridal shower on Saturday morning and then that evening my sister had her prom! There was a lot of driving involved, but OH! So worth it. To get to see and hug my friend on a day that celebrates her, so perfect. And then to help my other best friend get ready for her prom....so worth it. I would drive miles just to be there for these awesome events in the lives of the people I love.

At Sully's shower there were so many fabulous details! I was just in heaven. Her family and friends did an amazing job planning such a special event for her and Dave. So many women (and some men!) were there to give hugs and well wishes to the fabulous couple. Just wonderful!

Sully and Dave will be married June 12 in Charleston, MA and I am really looking forward to being a through and through guest at their wedding! Soaking in every beautiful detail and moment. In the meantime, enjoy some images from the shower. Check out those truffles! They were dark chocolate cake truffles. Mmm, waist lines beware. They were awesome.


I love love LOVE Williams and Sonoma's wrapping job.

The Mr. & Mrs. luggage tags were super cute!



More fabulous details and fun photos on the slideshow!


**Why "Carry You" by Dispatch? Well, Dispatch goes back for Sully and I to the early days of our friendship as camp counselors. And well, the song "Carry You" just makes me think of marriage and friendship and what it really is all about: carrying one another and providing love and support. So, that is why :)**

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,Kaht! You are a fabulous photographer and a very special friend. Thank you for capturing the details at the shower. Katie, Meghan, and I are all about details. I think OPRAH has said: "love is in the details." Those are great moments with Katie and Dave and the girlfriends. I especially appreciated that you were there for Katie on such a big day in your own sister's life, too. See you on the 12th! It will be here before you know it.
Love, Donna (Katie's Mom)

P.S. Married life agrees with you:)

Kathleen North Porter said...

Donna, you are so sweet! I was so happy that I could be there for Katie (Sully). And I to am all about those fantastic details! I cannot wait for June 12! It is going to be an amazing wedding :) Let me know if I can help in the next couple weeks. Anything a friend can do from afar! xo Kaht PS Married life really is wonderful :) Sully and Dave will be so happy together!